Flip & Investment Property Checklist
In a previous blog we reminded investors to consider the cost of landscaping in their overall evaluation of the property. Remembering to do this helps determine the renovation cost, loan amount, property list price and the potential profit. There are however, a few more things flippers and landlords often forget to inspect or consider prior to the purchase, here’s a helpful list of things to remember.
- Exterior features such as siding, brick and stucco
- Septic, well and indoor plumbing
- HVAC system
- Foundation and concrete work
- Decking/railings, banisters and other features which may pose a safety concern
- Any back taxes owed on the property
- Homeowners association fee
Additionally, if you’re going to rent the property or you are a landlord to the property you’ll want to factor in these things as well:
- Heating and cooling costs
- Routine maintenance
- Legal expenses (should you have to evict a tenant, etc.)
Have an eye on your next investment project? Join the hundreds of other investors who are applying for and receiving funding right from our website! Call or text today if you have questions or would like to speak to a hard money lending expert. 203-974-3322.